You’d think after blogging from A to Z throughout the month of April I’d be reluctant to take on another blog related challenge – well you’d think wrong. This is a monthly photo blogging challenge where a theme is given at the beginning of the month and then we interpret it how we want with five photos taken during the month. Is that clear?
For May the theme is ‘outside the box’. It’s one of those phrases that you often hear spouted by management type people – we’ve got to think outside the box, run it up the flagpole,and touching base. So my photos are mainly me being outside a box, taking the theme literally.
1. I’m going to start with a photo demonstrating my least favourite management speak phrase – blue sky thinking. What does that even mean??
2. This box contains Sueno’s stone, a remnant of early medieval history in Scotland. It’s over 6.5 metres tall and is covered with carvings. One side has carvings of battles and the other has intricate celtic knotwork including a large cross. The stone was uncovered from where it was buried in the 1700’s and was finally protected by the glass box in the 1990’s in order to preserve it for future generations.
3. In the middle of the picture is a bird box. I love seeing these as it shows that humanity does exist in such a simple way as kindness to the creatures we share this planet with is very important.
4. This is a pillbox from the second world war – it’s on Roseisle beach where there are lots of old defences slowly being taken over by the sand. I’m not sure why they’re called pillboxes despite doing several Google searches.
5. The type of box that I won’t be outside of for very long as I absolutely love these chocolates. My beloved bought these for me as he’s just that adorable.
So there you have it, my interpretation of ‘Outside the box’ – I can’t wait to see what June’s theme will be.
Click HERE to read how other people have interpreted outside the box.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and treat yourself to something nice this week.
Pamela & Ken