Tamara from Part-time Working Hockey Mom is celebrating six years of blogging this month so has asked us to think of the top ten things that come to mind when reflecting on our blogging journey:
“What prompted you to start, what obstacles did you – or do you still – have to overcome, what have been your major learnings, what plans do you have…?”
1. September 2012 was when I finally started this blog, having thought about it for a while, so like Tamara, this year is my six year blogaversary. I was inspired to start the blog after reading my friends Paul & Elaine’s blog
, and thought it would be a great idea for keeping my family in Australia up to date with our days out and about.
2. The name of our blog, Pamela & Ken’s days of fun is a homage to the episode of Friends when Joey and Janice, of the annoying laugh, spend the day together and call it their day of fun.
3. Shockingly, after starting it simply for family, we’ve had people from all over the world visit our little blog.
4. Obstacles are simply normal everyday life – writing the blog is, unfortunately, just a hobby, no matter how much I wish it was my job. Taking time to sit and write a blog post can sometimes feel incredibly onerous after a stressful day, but once I start it actually helps me relax.
6. My beloved is the silent partner in this blog and he puts up with me nagging him for photos whenever we’re exploring – it’s not his most favourite thing in the world but he still indulges me.
7. My first Top Ten post was in July 2016 with Top Ten 80’s Songs
. I love this blog hop that Tamara hosts as I’m a bit of a list fanatic. My number one song in that list was Tainted Love by Soft Cell.
8. I’ve tried to avoid contentious issues in our blog but do sometimes use it to highlight inequalities in this world we all have to share – it’s the only one we’ve got so we need to look after it and each other.
9. I’ve learnt so many things through writing about our days out as it’s made me research history and take more notice of all the information provided at interesting sites.
10. My plans for the future of our blog – keep it going and hopefully continue to have fun doing it whilst also making people smile when they read it.
What about you, why did you start your blog? Before you go, make sure you hop over to Tamara’s Blog
and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their top ten.
Until the next time we meet in the the blogging world, we hope you have lots of reasons to smile this week.
Pamela & Ken