Today it’s a food based top ten, and we’re listing our top ten go-to recipes for an easy work night dinner. This is one that I should have got Ken to write as he tends to sort out dinner during the week whilst I’m at work – he looks after me so well. This blog hop is hosted by Tamara at the blog Part-time Working Hockey Mom – why don’t you join us in writing your own top ten list.
The temptation was to put coffee and cake as dinner foods, but I didn’t think that would make me look very good. Something that is going to feature quite a lot in my list is toast, that humble staple that is usually a breakfast food.
1. Poached egg on toast. (this is how Ken delivered my eggs to me once – it made me smile a lot).
2. Baked potato with baked beans.
3. Scrambled eggs on toast – my beloved makes the best scrambled eggs ever.
4. Prawns with avocado, cherry tomatoes, and lambs lettuce.
5. Sometimes, like tonight, all I feel like is the very simple but very comforting vegemite on toast – a slice of Australia.
6. Vegetarian pizza.
7. Vegetarian chilli – again, my beloved makes a fantastic one.
8. Nachos with homemade guacamole, refried beans, salsa, sour cream, and lots of cheese – these are my speciality.
9. Fish Fingers – by themselves, in a sandwich, or with vegetable rice.
10. Vegetarian haggis with veggies – the one we buy tastes just like the meat version.
There you have it – I’m quite a simple soul and don’t need lots of fancy foods to keep me happy. At the weekend we eat differently but that’s because we have more time and have a chance to go out if we want.
What about you, do you have meals that you turn to regularly to make life easier on a work night? Before you go, make sure you hop over to Tamara’s Blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with in their top ten.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and treat yourself to your favourite meal this week.
Pamela & Ken
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Thursday – What’s for Dinner?”
Hi Pam .. .love the eggs and I do like poached eggs … and generally simple food – marmite please!! Cheers Hilary
We don't need fancy either. Food is a wonderful thing to enjoy together. Hubby and I make our dinners very special because we are both together.Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥
Yogurt and granola. PB and J. Oatmeal? I'm easy, lol.
You are making me hungry. I love nachos 🙂 Have a nice weekend.
Haha, Coffee and Cake are a perfect meal in my book!Love me some Nachos, yay!Coworkers of mine just spent 10 days hiking in the Highlands, and they LOVED it. Haggis and black pudding included.