It’s May and the A to Z blogging challenge that took over April is done so it’s back to normal blogging for all of us crazies that took part. It’s time for top ten Thursday and today we’re looking at all the things we love about spring. The top ten is hosted by Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom – make sure you pop over and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their posts.
1. Crocuses – it really feels like spring is here when these colourful little flowers start appearing. I love how they look like a multicoloured carpet under the trees. The most expensive spice in the world, saffron, comes from a breed of crocus and in the language of flowers, the crocus represents youthful gladness. (Meaning of Flowers)
2. Daffodils – such a happy flower with so many variations. A bunch of daffodils in the home brightens up the gloomiest day with their yellow cheerfulness.
3. Lambs – one of the great joys of the journey to work and back during spring is watching the lambs and all their antics. They jump and climb and play and just look adorable.
4. Cherry Blossom – a short season of gorgeous flowers and when the flowers are done it looks like there is confetti all over the ground.
5. Calves – so cute and beautiful at the same time.
6. Gorse/Broom – spring is when the highlands turn yellow (or Xanthic as I posted about previously) with gorse and broom all over the place.
7. Wildflowers – I love seeing the different flowers that appear in the woods in spring, creating a haze of colour to walk through.
8. Highland Games – spring and the month of May sees the beginning of the Highland Games in Scotland. I love seeing all the traditional activities – dancing, bagpipes, strong men activities, and tug of war.
9. Warmer Weather – finally it’s time to leave the coat and gloves at home and enjoy the fact that the sun has warmth in it again. Much better weather for getting out and exploring the fabulous old graveyards we often stumble across.
10. Sunshine – this one is purely for the cats. Princess Cookie Cat and Lord Rocky Horror are very happy that it’s spring as they can find much warmer sunshine to lie in, and it’s even better if that patch of sunshine is across the nice comfortable human bed.
What’s your favourite thing about spring? Until next time, enjoy the warmer weather and the joy of natures rebirth all around us.
Pamela & Ken
P.S: Final photo that I have to share is the three brats in one photo – amazing.
12 thoughts on “Top Ten Thursday – Spring”
Hi Pam – wonderful to see the Spring a-coming … your Scotch broom is a pervasive weed out here!! But lovely to see them all .. cheers Hilary
What a delightful spring post. Made me smile.I linked this post to Feline Friday. Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to all your brats. ♥
Such a happy post! Isn't it amazing, no matter what crazy things go on in the world, spring just happens and brings hope and joy to the people!
Plants are just starting to pop up here.
Ah,, there's nothing better than a little kitty yoga on the human's bed in the sunshine!Purrs & Head Bonks,Oliver & The Tribe of Five
Beautiful flowers. And I love seeing the furbabies cuddling.
Glad you enjoyed it Sandee and I hope the two of you are enjoying spring.
I'm trying to ignore all the crazy things that are going on, and just enjoy the weather getting warmer.
Love seeing all the colours take over the gardens.
They think they own the bed. Thanks for stopping by.
I so love that picture and I may have to put it in a frame as I'm not sure how easy it will be to ever get them together again.
Thanks for stopping by Hilary and have a great week.