Time for the hodgepodge which is set by Joyce at the blog From This Side of the Pond – if you get a chance hop over to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their answers.
1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you’ve given or received.
I find it really hard to accept a compliment but am trying to do better. One of my friends at work has taken to hitting me in the head if I don’t accept a compliment or say something derogatory about myself – maybe that’s why I’m doing better, she’s given me brain damage.
2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
My beloved’s hugs, Cookie Cat purrs, Bramble Jelly’s cuteness, milder weather, slightly longer days, walks in the cold, coffee time, pink hair, walking, and bedtime.
3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way? I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-
Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they’re kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons
Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you’re a positive person, what’s something you do regularly that’s not on the list?
I’m not sure I would describe myself as a positive person, though recently I have been told that I’m a very grounded person, so maybe the two link together.
I definitely try and celebrate the small stuff as often as possible, and need to add resisting comparisons to my daily habits.
4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili…what’s your pleasure on a cold winter’s day?
None of the above. Instead it’s probably vegemite on toast or even better would be a fish finger sandwich.
5. The best part of my day is….
Sitting on the sofa with my beloved in the evening, Bramble Jelly on Ken’s knee and Princess Cookie Cat asleep beside me.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Love this song and just wanted to share – it’s Wendy Matthews (Australian) singing The Day You Went Away.
Do you accept compliments easily, or like me is it something you find really difficult.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and take the time to compliment someone this week.
Pamela & Ken