This week’s top ten Thursday is slightly different in that we’re imagining that we’re swapping our lives with someone who doesn’t know us and need to tell them things about our lives that will help them get along. Thanks to Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom for such an interesting and challenging theme this week.
My list is basically going to let you know how to look after the brats and my beloved – the list isn’t in any particular order.
1. Cookie can be a bit of a madam so don’t expect to be able to pick her up and cuddle her. She will tolerate being held for a very short while before extending her claws and escaping out of your arms.
2. When Cookie has her vaccinations (due soon) it will be you that needs to hold her at the vets as my beloved doesn’t hold cats. He’s more scared of a little bitty cat scratch or bite than he is of a dog bite – very weird if you ask me.
3. In the morning when Ken gives Bramble her treat she will bring it to you. Your job is to take it off her and pretend you’re going to eat it before getting her to lie down and then give it back to her. It’s our little game we play everyday.
4. Bramble is a little bit of a coffee addict so do not leave your drink where she can get it. She will even jump up on your knee pretending that she just wants some love, but is really after your precious caffeine.
5. Bramble loves Cookie and wants to play whereas Cookie barely tolerates Bramble and will often bash her on the nose to warn her off. Your job, just ignore them when they’re running around after each other as they will sort themselves out.
The next five things to know are about my beloved – make sure you remember these or he may be like Gizmo in the film Gremlins and turn into a one of the scary ones.
5. Do not feed Ken ginger! He really, really dislikes it and can taste it even if you try and disguise it.
6. If you want Ken to do anything for you then feed him white chocolate – it’s his favourite and he’ll become your willing servant.
7. Never feed Ken any cake that has vegetables in it except for carrot cake. He has a very bad opinion of vegetable flavoured cake and thinks anyone that does this is totally crazy.
8. If Ken is looking at all like he might start to turn into a gremlin, then put on some soothing music such as Classic FM, or Karl Jenkins. Music really does soothe the soul.
9. Ken likes his tea really weak and very milky – get it wrong and he will try and be really nice and drink it but he will not be happy.
10. Whilst I’m not there your most important role is to keep a smile on my beloved’s face by doing all the above, and leaving him notes in unusual places. He’s a very special man and you need to make sure he remembers that.
There you have it, hopefully enough information to keep the brats and my beloved semi happy whilst they’re missing me. Before you go, pop over to Tamara’s blog, Part-time working Hockey Mom and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and I wonder what you would tell people if they are taking over your life.
Pamela & Ken