This weeks top ten is the things on our to do list – but which list to choose? I have many mental to do lists both personal and professional. I also have my ‘if we won the lottery’ list and the ‘I’m living in a dreamland’ list. There’s also my list of things to do before I’m fifty, of which I’m fast running out of time for. Maybe I’ll do a mixture of all of the above for you and show you just how strange I am (as if you didn’t know).
1. Double the number of posts I write for the blog from last year – I want to prioritise time for writing and blogging is very much a part of this.
2. Do more art journaling as it relaxes me and often helps sort out thoughts and emotions.
3. Get serious about learning the tin whistle. I’ve learnt the Lord of the Rings theme tune but still need to improve my fingering technique.
4. Go through my clothes as they need sorting, and send some to charity.
5. Organise my craft supplies in the spare room and get more things out of their boxes.
6. Send some of my poetry to appropriate journals to see if I can get anything published.
7. Travel first class on the Trans Siberian Express from St Petersburg to Beijing, via Mongolia. This is our dream trip but definitely needs a win on the lottery first.
8. Find a good recipe for vegetarian sausage rolls and then make them. Sausage rolls were a favourite before giving up meat so need to develop something scrummy and much more nutritious to take their place.
9. Teach Bramble Jelly (our cocker spaniel) to balance on her back legs. This trick is a work in progress and I’m not sure who’s going to give up first.
10. Find more romantic and quirky ways to show my beloved how wonderful he is.