Top ten Thursday and this week it’s all about things we’re good at. Okay, I’m going to be totally honest and say that I was very close to not doing this weeks top ten as I’m not very good at thinking what I’m good at, but far be it for me to avoid a challenge. So after much brain racking and regularly thinking I’m not good at anything, this is the list I’ve come up with.
1. Navigator: this is one that my beloved tells me regularly as I don’t drive so I’m always the one with the map. He doesn’t want a satnav because he says that I’m his satnav – the only problem is that sometimes when we’re travelling my batteries go flat and I shut down on him (go to sleep).
2. Baker: I love baking but don’t do it often enough. One of my favourite things to bake is cupcakes and the ones below were made for my mum’s 80th birthday – the bright pink icing is because I love pink. We had a bake off competition at my work in London and after many heats, and semifinals, I came second, which was fantastic.
8. Releasing my inner child: I can be a little bit silly and some people might call it immature, but we call it releasing our inner child. A really good example of this is the album I made for one of my friends from photos I took in Australia of our office mascot Halloween Cat. I posed him in lots of different places for his holiday album – I’ve included a selection below.
|Enjoying Coffee & Chocolates|
|Considering a tattoo
9. Creative: I love doing different crafts and also love writing, whether that be poetry, free writing, or art journalling. Whether I’m good at that is a bit subjective but it is something that I enjoy and get a sense of wellbeing out of.
10. Wife: This is the talent that I will work the hardest to be good at for the rest of my life and thankfully my beloved says I’m very good at being the perfect wife for him (I did have him in a choke hold at the time). For someone who said they never wanted to get married (me), it is the part of my life that never stresses me and my beloved husband is always on every gratitude list I write.
That’s it, my talents for what they’re worth. What do you think you’re good at? Why don’t you pop over to Tamara’s blog, Confessions of a part-time working mom, and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with in their top tens – click HERE to visit.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and have a wonderful week.
Pamela & Ken