Wednesday Hodgepodge time with the questions set by Joyce at the blog From This Side of the Pond.
1. ‘Hurry less, worry less’…what’s your strategy for making that happen this holiday season? How’s it going so far?
We handle this by taking opposite sides of this option. I hurry less and worry more whilst my beloved hurrys more and worries less.
2. Do you have a list of to-dos that need accomplishing in order to prepare your home and/or property for the winter season? What are some of the jobs on your list? Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone to accomplish these tasks?
The only things on my list are to make sure we have some wood for the fire in case the power goes out and along the same lines, make sure we have matches and batteries for the torches. I don’t hire anyone as I have a beloved for that.
3. According to dietitians surveyed, the most popular health foods for 2018 will be -turmeric, sprouted foods (bean sprouts, breads with sprouted grains, etc), veggies in place of grains, dairy free milk, and pulses (lentils, chickpeas, etc). What’s the first thought that ran through your head when you read this list?
My first thought was that I’m glad that there is no meat on the list, and secondly my thought is that I still haven’t found a dairy free milk that I like in my coffee. I don’t mind rice milk on my cereal, but not in my daily wake up drink.
Of the foods listed which one might you add to your regular diet?
Probably just adding more lentils, chickpeas, etc.
Also, can milk really be dairy free? Is it still milk?
I think that it is still milk, just like you can get a sausage roll that has no meat in it.
4. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 is Ultra Violet. According to the Pantone site ‘Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking pointing us to the future.’ What say you? Do you like the color purple?
Purple is my favourite colour in the whole wide world. When I was younger I went through a black period but once I hit my 20’s purple became the colour for me. I’m not sure about the description of what it means, as I think everyone finds very different meanings in colours. Purple features quite a lot in our home, in my jewellery, my phone cover, and other parts of my life.
Did you see the movie or read the book-ha!? No. Is purple a color you wear often? Occasionally. Describe for us one purple item in your home without using the word purple. My new Christmas ornament of loveliness that I found recently.
If you were in charge of such things what color would you select for 2018?
One hundred percent Pink! My second favourite colour and another colour that is dotted around our home, my jewellery, my clothes, and my hair.
|One of our Christmas angels|
5. Favorite book read this year?
This year I’ve been reading lots of romances and it’s difficult to choose just one. I’m an avid reader and I’m really bad at putting a book down at night – I keep saying to myself that I’ll just read another chapter, which then turns into several.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
This year for my beloved’s advent calendar I went with brown paper bags – I like them as I can fit more unusual sized things in them.
What’s your favourite colour and is it obvious in your home? Before you go, hop over to Joyce’s Blog and see what my fellow bloggers have come up with for their answers.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and make sure you take time just for you over the coming week.
Pamela & Ken