Today’s top ten is a list of our favorite cakes, pastries, cookies or pies. Finally a list where I can use all those photos of food that I take. Thanks to Tamara, Part-time Working Hockey Mom, for setting the theme.
Here’s my list……..
3. Lamington – an Australian delicacy. Sponge cake dipped in chocolate and covered in coconut – a real taste of home.
4. Carrot Cake – and it has to have cream cheese frosting. One of the few cakes that my beloved will accept vegetables in.
6. Coffee Cake – I’m not only a coffee drinker, I also love it in cake form.
7. Pasteis de Nata (Portugese Tart) – puff pastry and egg custard.
8. Scone with Jam and Cream (preferably clotted) – strawberry jam is the best.
9. A Tunnock’s Teacake – this is a Scottish delicacy. A biscuit base with soft marshmallow on top and then all of it encased in chocolate. The teacake was born in 1956.
10. Strawnoffee Tart – this is a treat that we’ve had once at a cafe on Scotlands West Coast. It’s caramel, strawberries, cream, and chocolate – so good. The name is because it’s like a banoffee pie but instead of bananas it had strawberries.