Thank you to Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. I first came across Tamara during a blog challenge last year and I now take part in her weekly challenge Top Ten Thursdays which is great fun – check out her blog as you’ll really enjoy it. Interestingly Tamara and I both started our blogs in 2012.
This award was created by Okoto Enigma as another way for bloggers to link up and share great blogs that others may not have discovered.
The rules of the award are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Okay, I’ve completed the first four rules so now I have to tell you three things about myself. What to share that my readers don’t already know?
1. When I was ten years old I fell over rollerskating and broke my arm – the break was right in the bend of my elbow so they couldn’t plaster it and just had to keep it in a sling for weeks. Luckily it was my left arm and I did manage to improvise and still play snooker by resting the cue on my broken arm. Also, we went to Wynyard airport to see the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester arrive in Tasmania and because I had my arm in a sling one of the entourage stopped to speak to me.
2. I really can’t stand Handel’s Zadok The Priest!! I think it stems from being in a choir and trying to learn it just after we’d done the Messiah, which is a very hard act to follow. I’ve never met anyone else who doesn’t like it and it’s very popular, being played at every coronation of a British monarch since it was composed in 1727, and also featuring in tv ads fairly regularly. Drives Me Mad!
3. During my life I have called 15 different buildings home but despite that I still hate the process of moving
|(Online stock image)|
The blogs (only seven, sorry) that I would like to nominate (in no particular order), and hopefully encourage you to visit and read them are :
Angels Bark – I discovered Michele’s blog during the 2016 A to Z challenge and love reading all her posts whether they be about life, dogs, or more challenge posts.
Southern Graves – another blog I discovered in last years A to Z. Stephanie is a girl after my own heart as she documents graveyards through photographs and research.
Writer in Transit – Michelle is a discovery from this years A to Z. Her blog is very positive and she takes part in the We Are The World Blogfest which highlights the good in the world.
Ink Interrupted – I’m not sure how I stumbled across Rory’s blog, but I take part in her challenge which is all about having a chat over coffee, with Rory setting the topic each week.
The Multicolored Diary – another from this years A to Z. Zalka describes herself as a storyteller and is currently writing about folktales from around the world.
My Life in Retirement – Denise states that she is a “full time life observer” in retirement and I discovered her in this years A to Z.
Positive Letters….Inspirational Stories – Hilary’s blog always teaches me something as she writes about life with the history and trivia behind it. And yes, another blog I discovered during the A to Z.
Now I need to answer the five questions that Tamara posed in her Mystery Blogger post.
Q: How did you decide to start your blog?
A: My first ever post in September 2012 was entitled Reason For Blog Title (it’s short so it won’t take you long to check out) and I guess I started the blog both as a record for us but also for my family and friends on the opposite side of the world.
Q: If you were a fruit, which would you be and why?
A: Dragonfruit – because they’re a bit crazy looking (and pink) on the outside but soft and sweet once you get past the weird exterior.
Q: Chicken or Beef?
A: Neither as I’m a pescatarian (fish eating vegetarian).
Q: What are three of your best traits?
A: Hate questions like this but being a good girl I will play along.(a) I think I’m a good listener, (b) a good sense of humour (though a little strange) and I’m told I have a lovely smile, (c) compassionate and empathetic – I hate seeing injustices against others.
The five questions I would like my nominees to answer (if they feel like it) are:
1. Do you plan your blog posts ahead or just write them when the mood strikes?
2. Favourite type of chocolate?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. Who was your favourite singer when you were a teenager?
5. If you could go back in time to any era, which would you choose and why?
Final rule is sharing links to my best post(s). I’ve chosen three for different reasons.
The first is the one that has had the most views and was posted in November 2016: Top Ten Thursdays – Plans
The second was the most difficult blog post to write as it was after the death of a dear friend: Goodbye to Macclesfield and a Very Special Friend
The third is one of my favourite posts as it’s about one of my most favourite things in the world, and that’s my beloved: Our secrets to a happy (crazy) marriage
As I finish this post I encourage you to visit the blogs of the people I’ve nominated and to visit Tamara’s blog, Part-time Working Hockey Mom. Right, I think I’ve earned a coffee now.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and do something nice for someone else this week.
Pamela & Ken