This week’s top ten Thursday is random pictures of our life – be prepared for very random. I thought I’d give you snapshots of my day. Thanks as always to Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom for hosting this challenge.
1. Bramble checking out what I’m doing in the kitchen – as you can see I’ve got my very “sexy” snuggly slippers on that are very handy here in Scotland.
2. This is what is on the wall next to the computer I use at work – my favourite quote about unicorns, an unposed picture of my beloved, and why coffee is so important in my life.
3. This is a screenshot of a text that my lovely husband sent me today – he knew I wasn’t feeling 100% and this really cheered me up. And yes, he does call me wombat.
4. Just up the road from my work there is this glorious field of wild flowers including really large daisies at the side of the road – it’s like a patch of floral sunshine.
5. Part of the journey home. We either go the main road which gives us a view of the sea and mountains, or like today we go the quieter back roads which is through woods and farmland.
6. I have a confession to make – I’m a rockaholic!! I love rocks and nearly always leave a beach with at least one or two in my pockets. This is one of our little features in the front hallway. The basket contains smaller rocks that I’ve painted and written positive words on like; Hope, Breathe, Laugh, and Faith.
7. One of my indulgences is getting my nails done regularly – I used to do it occasionally in London but it’s half the price here in the Highlands so I do it often. The only problem is that I have to go at the weekend to get them done and the last couple of weeks I hadn’t had time so ended up having to take my shellac polish off myself, so hence the very sexy foil finger covers.
8. Here in the Highlands it stays light until very late with sunset currently being 10pm. This is a shot I took out our bedroom window looking out to sea.
9. When we’re in bed reading we allow Princess Cookie Cat to come in for some quality time without Bramble (her cocker spaniel sister) around. She loves walking up my body and rubbing her head on my kindle which makes it difficult to concentrate.
10. My beloved usually falls asleep before me, so this is the lovely view I have before I turn off the light – ensures that my dreams are of the sweet variety.
There you are, some random photos that give you a snapshot into our day. Before you go, why don’t you pop over to Tamara’s blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with – click here to visit.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and enjoy the random moments of your day.
Pamela & Ken