It’s the first top ten Thursday of 2017, and this week it is about resolutions, wishes, or plans for the coming year. I’ve gone with wishes as I gave up on resolutions years ago – they put too much pressure on people and who really achieves them all. Thanks again to Tamara at Confessions of a part-time working mom for hosting this blog challenge.
No, the above isn’t some weird computer code gone mad, it’s Cookie Cat’s contribution to the blog as she just walked across my keyboard.
Back to my wishes for me and for the planet as a whole.
1. Acceptance and understanding of all religions. We are such a diverse world and we all have so many unique qualities with different beliefs and cultures that I’ve always found it more useful to learn, understand, and experience what others believe rather than just dismiss it as wrong because it wasn’t what I was taught as a child.
2. Peace. When we visited the Poppy Art instillation at the Tower of London, which was to remember the First World War, the realisation that every poppy represented a death in the war was a really sad one because this is still happening in so many countries around the world. Why can’t people just get along??
3. Appreciate every day because life is very short! Newsflash, we’re all going to die and until that day, whenever it may be, we need to make sure we enjoy the days we have. I’m not saying walk around with a silly smile on your face all the time, but just remember the things you have that are great and that can make the really bad days a bit better.
4. Enjoy nature. I know that some people reading this may be in the middle of a very big city, but even in most cities you can find a little big of green and you can definitely enjoy being outside in the open air. Taking a walk outside can do wonders for your wellbeing.
5. Believe in something, even if it’s pink unicorns and that purple fairies are living at the bottom of the garden.
6. Food to eat. In 2017 it is a disgrace that there are countries around the world where people don’t have enough to eat. I know most of us can’t do anything about this in the grand scheme of things, but you can contribute to food banks in your area, write to your member of parliament, or help out at your local soup kitchen (just a few thoughts).
7. Marriage Equality. I know I go on about this but when it comes down to it, this is all about love and letting two people who are in love get married.
The final three are purely personal ones.
8. To meet more cats. It’s no shock that I adore kitty cats and whenever we see one, no matter where we are in the world, I have to strike up a conversation with it and if it will let me, give it a cuddle as well.
9. Take time to be kind to myself. In other words, stop and smell the roses and drink more good coffee. But seriously, this one is for everyone as well, in that when life gets in the way it’s important to stop, remember to breathe and relax.
10. Love. I guess this one isn’t really a wish, it’s more a plan – I plan to enjoy every moment of being in love with my adorable husband and getting to spend my life with him (did you honestly think I’d get through an entire blog on wishes and plans without including some of my soppyness).
So there is my top ten – what do you have planned for the coming year, or what would be your wishes? Before you go, hop over to Tamara’s blog to see what my fellow bloggers have come up with – click HERE to visit.
Until next time, be good, stay safe, and do something nice for someone else this week.
Pamela & Ken
P.S: Final shot is more a reflective one – in 2016 we said goodbye to Muffin Monster, our little black cat, so from the picture below we now only have Cookie who’s sitting on the back of the sofa. Bertie Boo, our spaniel died in 2014. We also welcomed Bramble Jelly, our cocker spaniel, into our hearts and home in 2016, so looking forward to a year of furbie shenanigans.